"Not enough storage is available to process this command."

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
d.pareja

"Not enough storage is available to process this command."

Post by d.pareja »

I've been copying not-too-large amounts of data with AS 2.54 recently, and whenever I try to copy lots of files, I get "Error: (8) Not enough storage is available to process this command." repeatedly during the copying. The operation proceeds fine if I click "Retry", but how can I stop this error from showing up at all?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: "Not enough storage is available to process this command

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Could you reproduce this problem?

What is your Windows version and disk file system (NTFS/FAT/some network disk,other...)?
d.pareja

Post by d.pareja »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Could you reproduce this problem?
Any time I copy sufficiently many files at once (not quite sure how many is sufficient) the error occurs.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please try to turn off your antivirus protection and reproduce the problem...

Please send me your Altap Salamander Product ID, you will find it in Help > About Altap Salamander.
Thank you.
therube

Post by therube »

Just ran into this myself :(.

XP SP3, put in today's Windows Automatic Updates.

Other then "normal" stuff that I had open, I had (updated &) was running FreeFileSync, & I had NoVirusThanks running.

I had already copied a few files from server to networked computer.
Was in process of copying 8 files, 24 MB from server to networked when I got this "not enough storage" error.

The number in parens that I got was (1130), if that matters.

Closing FFS & NAVT, made no difference.
Restarted NAVT.

I can browse other networked computers, but not the one I had been writing too.
Windows Explorer gives the same error message, after timing out.

Checking IRPStackSize shows that I do not have that set on this computer.

Not sure why I ran into this all of a sudden?

---

Put in IRPStackSize, 0x15 (I hope that isn't default!), rebooted, & now when I try to access that computer (Win7, or Vista at the least it is), I get an "(58) The specified server cannot perform the requested operation" error.

I was able to go the other way from Win7 to server successfully.

Could just be that this particular Win7 computer needs a reboot, but I'm not in a position to do that at this time :|.

---

Oh yeah. Also of late ... Adobe Flash & Adobe (Acrobat) Reader updates. (With the Reader, "Adobe ARM", whatever that is, does, set itself up in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. I've now disabled that.)

(And I think I'm just going to let things be until I know that computer can be rebooted, which may not be anytime soon.)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54