Funky U is not displayed, copied correctly

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
therube

Post by therube »

URL: http://www.daniel-landa.cz/tvorba/solov ... argumentu/
The word, "Stvůry", aka the "Funky U".

The only reason I bring this up, is because other Funky characters (at least funky to me ;-)) like the Š & the í & the á are not a problem to Salamander.

So what makes Stvury different from Stvůry in Salamander's eye?

(And subsequently thwarts backup attempts of said affected files? <Even a right-click context menu will not open from within Salamander.> I'll also note that MPlayer fails on the <mp3> file, where Media Player Classic & Windows Media Player have no problem.)

One other thing, Multimedia Viewer (as does MediaInfo), shows the tag as "Stvùry", different again.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
therube

Re: Funky U is not displayed, copied correctly

Post by therube »

Actual file to download, Daniel Landa Stvůry.flv.

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVnYJRdd_Rw

(You may need a Mozilla browser & FlashGot. FlashGot's FlashGot Media will capture the link.)

Downloads as: Daniel_Landa_Stvůry.flv
To Salamander it looks like: Daniel_Landa_Stvury.flv

(I'm seeing the same on files from other CZ artists, like Chinaski, Děda Mládek, Elán, Michal David, Lucie Bila.)

This too, the "D", LÁĎ.
Now I'm sure this will all be fixed in the next version, with unicode support & whatnot, but why is that A ok, & the D not?
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Funky U is not displayed, copied correctly

Post by Jan Patera »

therube wrote:Now I'm sure this will all be fixed in the next version, with unicode support & whatnot, but why is that A ok, & the D not?
Some accented characters are also in other codepages, like Western 1252 that you are most likely using...