WinSCP - Change Drive shortcut (similar to / for FTP)

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
merlin

WinSCP - Change Drive shortcut (similar to / for FTP)

Post by merlin »

Hello,

would it be possible to add the one key shortcut into the "Change Drive" menu for WinSCP similar like for other key features that are in there (; for Documennts, / for FTP etc.)?

For some reason there is a shortcut almost for everything in AS but the following three are missing:
- Windows Registry
- Undelete
- WinSCP

I would especially appreciate WinSCP shortcute (and also Win Registry; on the another hand don't need Undelete as I dont really use it) - I really got used to Ctrl+F1 and then / for FTP - am really missing similar for WinSCP...

Thank you,
Martin
Slanec

Re: WinSCP - Change Drive shortcut (similar to / for FTP)

Post by Slanec »

As in most cases, there is an alternative way. It doesn't solve your problem, of course, but I feel obligated to show it to you, as it could be an acceptible solution.

WinSCP and Undelete plugins have their own shortcuts which call them to work, they're Ctrl+Shift+W and Ctrl+Shift+U, but both can be changed (in Plugins Manager, via Keyboard button) and a new one can be assigned to Windows Registry, too.

Just sayin'.
Ether

Post by Ether »

Also, when you invoke the Change Drive drop-down menu, you can use the Tab key to switch among the entries without shortcuts.
merlin wrote:For some reason there is a shortcut almost for everything in AS but the following three are missing:
Maybe because there's not enough easily accesible keys on the keyboard. I assume that the shortcuts should be independent of the UI's language (since / and , and similar are not related to the plugin name in any way) and should be accesible even using different national keyboard layouts. On the other hand, binding for example the Windows Registry item to a backslash would result in Czech users complaining that the shortcut is ridiculous (the most common Czech layout hasn't got a backslash at all).

Also note that you can install more plugins providing other "drives", so eventually, you run out of all possible one-key shortcuts if you start assigning one to every item.
Ελληνικά rulez.
mdruiter

Post by mdruiter »

Or create your own Hot Path! :idea:
  • press Ctrl+Shift+9
  • type reg:\ and Enter
  • press Space to check and Enter for OK
From now on, you can use Ctrl+9 to go to the registry. Or press Alt+F1 and then 9, just like you use Alt+F1 and then / to go to FTP.

Personally, I think having standard shortcut keys would be better. Those who can't easily use it (because of international keyboards) can always define their own shortcut as described. But I don't think any Ctrl combinations are available, except for Ctrl+'... Maybe use Ctrl+Shift+, and Ctrl+Shift+.?