Drag&drop from archives

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
otrov

Drag&drop from archives

Post by otrov »

I noticed this issue now, and would like to suggest d&d feature from inside archives to external programs, like 7z manager or WinRar does

Thanks
Ether

Re: Drag&drop from archives

Post by Ether »

Interesting, I can confirm that it doesn't work (sometimes with the DROPFAKE message, sometimes it just doesn't allow me to drop the item). I remember that Salamander used to have this feature, didn't it?
Ελληνικά rulez.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

As far as I know it works on 32-bit systems (tested on Vista 32-bit now). It does not work on 64-bit systems, it needs to add support for 64-bit shell extension with copy hook. I have it on to-do, I'll solve this together with 64-bit version of Salamander.
otrov

Post by otrov »

I'm on Win 7 U 32b
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I have tested it with Windows Explorer. If you try another application, it may not work (it may not use copy-hooks on which it is based). What does it exactly on your Windows? Just copy DROPFAKE directory?
Ether

Post by Ether »

Tested and worked on Win7 Pro 32-bit - but! only between Salamander and Explorer, not to any other application (I tried a text editor).

(Didn't work on Win7x64 - that I can understand - but it also didn't work at all in my virtualized XP - I guess the shell extension just wasn't registered.)
Ελληνικά rulez.
otrov

Post by otrov »

d&d from AS to Explorer works, but not with foobar2000, Acrobar Reader, Windjview ... As mentioned d&d with 7z manager and WinRar works fine in all this apps
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

We can add it in some future version. Current version supports drag&drop and clipboard operations only between 32-bit Explorer and Salamander.
Andre.Ziegler

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

Petr Solin wrote:Current version supports drag&drop and clipboard operations only between 32-bit Explorer and Salamander.
this doesn't work for me on a x86 Windows 7. In Version 2.5 I can use drag & drop or clipboard to extract 1 file of my choice. The version 2.54 doesn't support this. Does it work for you?
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."
therube

Post by therube »

Yes, I can drag & drop from an archived opened in Salamander (2.54) into a W7 x86 Explorer window, or from a W7 x86 Explorer windows into a archived opened in Salamander.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Andre.Ziegler

Post by Andre.Ziegler »

drag&drop seems to work now but Clipboard still fails. And I know it worked with older versions of salamander.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."