Clipboard issue with EditPad Pro

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
dpokluda

Clipboard issue with EditPad Pro

Post by dpokluda »

I have the following issue with Altap Salamander working together with EditPad Pro. When I copy a text to the clipboard in EditPad Pro and exit EditPad Pro, the clipboard text disappears. I tried to communicate with the EditPad Pro author but he claims he can't reproduce the issue even though I can reproduce it easily (with free alternative to EditPad Pro - EditPad Lite):
  • Run Altap Salamander
    Navigate to Option > Configuration...
    Go to Viewers and Editors > Editors
    Set editor for *.* to be C:\Program Files (x86)\EditPadLite\EditPadLite.exe
  • Now navigate to a text file, for example C:\Windows\system.ini (or any other file - it doesn't matter what file you select)
    Press F4 to edit the file in EditPad Lite
    Select some text and hit Ctrl+C
    Exit EditPad Lite (EditPad Lite is now closed)
  • Move to the command line (Ctrl+Tab I believe) and Press Ctrl+V to paste the text
    --> NOTHING HAPPENS, CLIPBOARD IS EMPTY! <--

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I am not saying that the problem is with Altap Salamander. It might be a combination of things between Salamander and EditPad Pro. I am willing to help you troubleshoot/debug the issue but I don't know how. Please let me know if I can do something to help you with this issue.

BTW: If after I copy the text to the clipboard I paste it to another application then the issue doesn't repro.

Thanks,
David.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Clipboard issue with EditPad Pro

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hi David, I can reproduce it. The EditPadLite.exe can be started just from panel (as EXE). Interesting problem, seems to be related to Salamander. Thank you for info!
dpokluda

Post by dpokluda »

Oh, thank you for that info. I was working with Jan (who has written EditPad Pro) for a long time and he couldn't figure out the issue. I was about to write a service that would monitor the clipboard (retrieve its content) to minimize occurance of this issue.
dpokluda

Post by dpokluda »

Anything new regarding this? (just curious)

David.