Automation Plugin: Fails to recognize AppPath

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
TimeGhost

Automation Plugin: Fails to recognize AppPath

Post by TimeGhost »

I just discovered the Automation Plugin. Wow!

I created my first "Hello World.vbs" script. I put it in the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\TimeGhost\Application Data\Altap\Altap Salamander\Automation\scripts" but it doesn't show up on the list of scripts.

So then I added that path into the plugin's list of directories, restarted Salamander, and saw my Hello World script.

I used the set command to verify that the AppPath environment variable is set properly.

So I suspect the $[AppPath] environment variable isn't being expanded properly. Work around: specify the entire path, for now.

Plugin version: Automation 1.1 beta 1
Salamander version: 2.53 B1
th.

Re: Automation Plugin: Fails to recognize AppPath

Post by th. »

See this thread http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3851 for info about this problem.
Basically it's an error in the help file. A revised help file can be downloaded from there.
TimeGhost

Post by TimeGhost »

Thank you for responding and for pointing out the new help file. Unfortunately, it does not help.

My bug report is about the fact that the Automation Configuration does not recognize the $[AppData] environment variable. I don't understand what this has to do with the help file.

Please let me know if I can state this more clearly.

Thanks
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Please double check the Automation directories configuration. The default path is just

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\TimeGhost\Application Data\Altap Salamander\Automation\scripts
not

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\TimeGhost\Application Data\Altap\Altap Salamander\Automation\scripts
as specified in your first post (note the missing Altap middle directory).
TimeGhost

Post by TimeGhost »

I see my mistake, now. Thank you for pointing it out.