Accidentally removing the updated 7-zip archive

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
mdruiter

Accidentally removing the updated 7-zip archive

Post by mdruiter »

Hi all,
I just experienced something weird.
I have a folder containing several files and one .7z archive. I selected all files (including the archive, by accident), then deselected some of them. After that, I moved the selected files to the archive. And I found out that the archive was... GONE! :cry:
So I moved the archive to itself, but that deleted the result. :?
Using the great Undelete plugin (as admin) I could restore the archive, because I noticed it in time. :D It contains the old files and the added files including the old archive.
I guess I can follow the logic behind the behavior, but I think this situation should be prevented! :idea:
Maybe this should actually be in the "Problems and Troubleshooting" part of the forum...
Ether

Re: Accidentally removing the updated archive

Post by Ether »

I can confirm this for 7-zip; doesn't work for ZIP (because the file is locked).
Ελληνικά rulez.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

It looks like a bug, moving thread to Problems and Troubleshooting section.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Thanks for reporting this bug! Fix will be available in the release version 2.53 at the end of this week.