Shortcut not working

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.

Shortcut not working

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I use German keyboard layout. Thus, ; and . are on the very same key, ; is the 'upper case' letter so to say.
However, I can't use the ctrl+; shortcut for going to "My Documents" - it always takes be to the 'Change Drive' dialog (that is used for ctrl+, - Network Neighborhood).
th.

Post by th. »

On a German keyboard the shortcut for "My Documents" is Ctrl+ü.
Georgd

Show _real_ Hotkeys, not the ones for en locale

Post by Georgd »

Some other hotkeys as well are shown in the menu with another key than actually has to be used. Could Salamander display the keys the user actually has to press in the current locale, instead of the english locale ones? That'd help to learn & remember them...
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We can change hot keys for national (German, French) versions of Salamander. Thank you for this idea!
Georgd

Post by Georgd »

Jan Rysavy wrote:We can change hot keys for national (German, French) versions of Salamander. Thank you for this idea!
Welcome :) and maybe I expressed it ambigous thus clarification: I don't want different hotkeys for the still-to-come localized versions of Salamander. I just want Salamander to display the keys I have to press on this computer with the current keyboard locale (might change several times during a session).
Using Salamander since v 1.52
Georgd

Re: Shortcut not working

Post by Georgd »

Just to bring it up again - it is hard to remember the real keys. Would be nice to see them left of the name, e.g. ü instead of ; for documents.
ImageImage
th.

Post by th. »

The problem is that in the menu the ; key (which is displayed) is working but not the ü. On the other hand Ctrl-; isn't working but Ctrl-ü is.
I guess for the hotkeys the scan codes of the keys are used (interpreted as a standard english keyboard) but in the menu the characters with respect to the locale settings.
Georgd

Post by Georgd »

bump :)
Georgd

Post by Georgd »

bump :( Displaying the same keys that have to be pressed would still be helpful...