FTP client: displaying transfer progress

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
roman2

FTP client: displaying transfer progress

Post by roman2 »

If a list of files to transfer is long enough, the detailed operations list isn't displayed in a way that makes it easy to see what operation is about to be processed, which one is finished, etc. because the current information is placed way down the list (below the threshold of visibility). I'd like to see this dialog reworked so that no scrolling is required to see what is happening.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: FTP client: displaying transfer progress

Post by Petr Solin »

Do you mean some automatic scrolling in the Operations listview? If there is only one connection, it seems clear what to do (scroll to current operation). With more connections it can scroll to the last changed operation (in any connection) or to the current operation in connection focused in Connections listview. Scroll to the last changed operation seems better to me right now. Any other ideas?
roman2

Post by roman2 »

Yes, I mean "some automatic scrolling in the Operations listview". I don't have an answer for your other question as I don't know details about it. If I understand what you mean by multiple connections correctly, I'd expect each connection to be displayed in a separate window. However, from the user perspective, I am dealing with transfers I initiate from one location to another (they could be transfers of many files) and am not aware of connections you open and close to accomplish that.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

You can add connections in operation progress window, it may speed up the operation, especially when you transfer or delete a lot of small files.

Add button help: Click the Add button to add new connection for the operation. You may use as many connections as you want but reasonable number of connections is five or less. You may try to add more connections but you will probably see that it will not shorten total operation time. More details: http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/help/ftp/d ... iondlg.htm.