Servant Salamander v1.52

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
vld

Servant Salamander v1.52

Post by vld »

I'm looking for a small 2 pane file manager for a thmb-drive to be used in when fixing a pc. Seems like Servant Salamander v1.52 will do the job. I seen that applications can be added, though the user menu is hidden and not easily visible.

Is there a way to add a plugin like 7z or winrar just to uncompress files?

Is there a way to make the user menu visible?
SelfMan

Re: Servant Salamander v1.52

Post by SelfMan »

I am sorry, but I believe that version is no longer supported. Do not expect any work regarding enhancements and features on the (really) old version.
You might check this http://forum.altap.cz//viewtopic.php?f= ... 84&p=14625
For othe references search for the word "portable"...
vld

Post by vld »

I know it's an outdated version and there is enough talent on this board that someone may have done it or knows how to do it. I don't know what the link you gave me refers to, but I am not looking for a portable salamander, I want to see if 152 can be tweaked,
Ether

Post by Ether »

vld wrote:Is there a way to add a plugin like 7z or winrar just to uncompress files?
7-Zip and WinRAR, as stand-alone applications, both offer context menu items for uncompressing (and the operation runs on background as a bonus). Or use portable versions of them, if it helps.
Ελληνικά rulez.
KNUT

Post by KNUT »

vld wrote:Is there a way to make the user menu visible?
F9
Kind regards, KNUT