Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
JohnFredC

Post by JohnFredC »

Well now I feel like an idiot but it's a good feeling. That worked.

Thank you!
Mouse-centric, Registered
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

I just released new version 0.3 of the Total Commander Proxy plugin.

This version introduces initial support for WLX lister (viewer in Salamander's jargon) and WCX packer (aka archivers) plugins. The plugin name therefore changes just to the Total Commander Proxy, leaving the File System from the name, the file name changed to tcproxy.spl.

The rest is the same: Just copy the WFX, WCX or WLX plugin of your choice together with the proxy to the subdirectory under the Salamander's plugins folder. For viewers and archivers you will however need to tweak the Salamander a bit. If your plugin is a lister (viewer), go to Options > Configuration > (Alternate) Viewers, enter file extensions the plugin can handle and associate them with the proxy plugin. In the case of a packer (archiver) the procedure is quite similar, just set associations in the Archive Associations in Panels.

The proxy now comes in two flavors: for the mainstream Salamander version (2.51 for the moment) and for the last beta version (currently 2.52 beta 1). Be sure to pick the correct version for your Salamander.

Get it from the usual download location.

Enjoy!
Last edited by manison on 16 Mar 2009, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Ether

Post by Ether »

I tested your new TC Proxy with diskdir.wcx - it makes a structured list of files and directories including information about date/time, size and original path. When the plugin is requested to unpack something, a dialog appears, but then Salamander freezes. It's probably caused by the wcx, because it normally shows a dialog asking to enter the path to the actual file (and/or insert the correct disc). In Salamander, this dialog doesn't actually appear, but the proxy waits for it to close, causing the freeze.

When the file is present at the expected location, there is no problem and the file is "extracted" successfully.
Ελληνικά rulez.
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

Good work manison!

I've tested your plugin with MSIE Cache Browser 1.2.5.2 plugin and I have a few problems:
- Salamander is losing foxus after each directory change :(
- The files displayed contain soliduses ("/") and colons (":") and probably other forbidden characters. Is it possible for your TC Proxy plugin to rename the files on the fly so the Viewers and copying from the plugin works?
JohnFredC

Post by JohnFredC »

I have eagerly awaited this welcome enhancement of TC Proxy, but...

...the first two WLXs I tried were not successful:

SGViewer
INIEd

The plug-ins installed without error and appear in the list for "alternate editors". I selected masks and associated them with the plug-ins, making sure to move them to the top of the list above the internal viewer (so as to override it).

However, pressing F3 (to View) or Alt-F3 (to "alt" View) one of the files identified by the masks I defined loads it into the standard Salamander viewer instead of the plug-in.

Am I right to expect the plug-in to show inside the F3 viewer?
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

ether wrote:I tested your new TC Proxy with diskdir.wcx - it makes a structured list of files and directories including information about date/time, size and original path. When the plugin is requested to unpack something, a dialog appears, but then Salamander freezes. It's probably caused by the wcx, because it normally shows a dialog asking to enter the path to the actual file (and/or insert the correct disc). In Salamander, this dialog doesn't actually appear, but the proxy waits for it to close, causing the freeze.

When the file is present at the expected location, there is no problem and the file is "extracted" successfully.
Oops, the diskdir plugin uses Total Commander's feature to ask for the next volume of the archive. I inadvertently omitted this feature from the TC emulation layer :oops: Fixed for the next version. Thanks.
Ether

Post by Ether »

JohnFredC wrote:The plug-ins installed without error and appear in the list for "alternate editors". I selected masks and associated them with the plug-ins, making sure to move them to the top of the list above the internal viewer (so as to override it).

However, pressing F3 (to View) or Alt-F3 (to "alt" View) one of the files identified by the masks I defined loads it into the standard Salamander viewer instead of the plug-in.
@manison] The issue is probably caused by returning wrong (or not returning) value, when the plugin is asked whether it accepts the specific file. For example when I use F3 on a .doc file that contains plain text (old text files had this extension sometimes), Eroiica loads the file, but rejects it, so Internal Viewer opens the file, which is the correct behavior. I looked into the SDK and I think you should implement virtual BOOL WINAPI CPluginInterfaceForViewerAbstract::CanViewFile(const char *name) which defaults to false. You should return always true unless there is a similar function in TC's plugin interface - in that case, call that function and returns its value. In DemoPlug, it's on one line in demoplug.h:

Code: Select all

virtual BOOL WINAPI CanViewFile(const char *name) {return TRUE;}
JohnFredC wrote:Am I right to expect the plug-in to show inside the F3 viewer?
Yes, in the meantime, you can use Ctrl+Shift+F3 to force the chosen viewer to open.
Ελληνικά rulez.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

zarevak wrote:Good work manison!

I've tested your plugin with MSIE Cache Browser 1.2.5.2 plugin and I have a few problems:
- Salamander is losing foxus after each directory change :(
- The files displayed contain soliduses ("/") and colons (":") and probably other forbidden characters. Is it possible for your TC Proxy plugin to rename the files on the fly so the Viewers and copying from the plugin works?
I took a look at the plugin's sources - it's written in Delphi and uses VCL form to display a progress dialog (in spite of there is progress API specially exported for the plugin, grrrh :evil:) This may not be an issue for genuine Total Commander, since it's written in Delphi (or Builder or whatever) also, but probably causes focus mess in the Salamander. Let me investigate this issue further.

Regarding the invalid characters in the path - I will add code to replace invalid chars with a valid ones.

Thanks!
JohnFredC

Post by JohnFredC »

ether wrote:you can use Ctrl+Shift+F3 to force the chosen viewer to open.
That does work, thanks. Not as convenient but... it works! Excellent.

And thanks!
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

ether wrote:@manison] The issue is probably caused by returning wrong (or not returning) value, when the plugin is asked whether it accepts the specific file. For example when I use F3 on a .doc file that contains plain text (old text files had this extension sometimes), Eroiica loads the file, but rejects it, so Internal Viewer opens the file, which is the correct behavior. I looked into the SDK and I think you should implement virtual BOOL WINAPI CPluginInterfaceForViewerAbstract::CanViewFile(const char *name) which defaults to false. You should return always true unless there is a similar function in TC's plugin interface - in that case, call that function and returns its value. In DemoPlug, it's on one line in demoplug.h...
You are absolutely right, ether. I completely overlooked this subtlety :) In fact there is a way to ask the TC plugin whether it can handle the content, however it's a bit complicated (it's probably the only point where the TC's interface is more complicated than the AS' one :) So for now I just return TRUE.
JohnFredC wrote:I have eagerly awaited this welcome enhancement of TC Proxy, but...

...the first two WLXs I tried were not successful:...
Fixed for the next version. For now please use the Ctrl+Shift+F3 to force the viewer as advised by ether.

Thanks!
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

The version 0.31 was released. This is the maintenance release addressing just the inability to view files through F3/Alt+F3 and it also implements the change archive volume dialog (ether, can you please test the diskdir plugin?). Download.
Ether

Post by Ether »

manison wrote:(ether, can you please test the diskdir plugin?).
Yeah, it works. Thanks.
Ελληνικά rulez.
JohnFredC

Post by JohnFredC »

I installed the new version. It seems to work fine with the TC plugins I tested except:

Salamander becomes unstable after the first alt-F3 file view using the INIEd plugin that I mentioned above.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

JohnFredC wrote:I installed the new version. It seems to work fine with the TC plugins I tested except:

Salamander becomes unstable after the first alt-F3 file view using the INIEd plugin that I mentioned above.
Thank you for your feedback, John. I got your bugreports (are they from you, aren't they?) I will try to contact you soon regarding the details, hovewer I'm now quite busy. Could you please send me the INI file that caused the crash in the meantime (if it does not contain any sensitive information, of course)? I tested the IniEd plugin with several files and the plugin refuses to load some of them and raises an exception (error dialog should be displayed in that case). However the exception never forced my Salamander to crash.
wsorg

Re: Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Post by wsorg »

Dear Manison!

Total Commander Proxy Plugin pro Altap Salamander does not work with new version Altap Salamander 2.52 Final.

Please adapt a plugin under new version Altap Salamander 2.52 Final.

Thankful in advance. :)