View (F3) of .dll/.exe -like files

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
defor

View (F3) of .dll/.exe -like files

Post by defor »

Hello,
when i view .dll/.exe (any MZ files), SS displays info about external/internal symbols and a lot of other useful things. This is very useful function indeed. However, sometimes it happens i'd like to switch to a plain HEX view of that file (just to browse through its content) and i can't figure out how to do it. It just switches to hex view of the original info text. Apparently, it is not what i want to see. Would it be possible to switch between these two views (.DLL info -> HEX content browse, and vice versa)?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Use the Files > Alternate View command or Files > View With and choose the Internal Viewer.

To associate viewers with file extenstions, use Options > Configuration > Viewer & Editors.
demonion

Post by demonion »

Agreed, but not this is not very comfortable.

I really like the option in the Total Commander Fileviewer. With the numeric keys you can easily switch between the different modes.

But that is not a problem but a feature request ;)
Datalog

Post by Datalog »

Alt + F3 instead F3 (or ESC, Alt+F3, when in info view) is enough comfortable for me.
Balu

Post by Balu »

Hi,

i use CTRL+H to switch to Hexmode and CTRL+T to switch back to Info view.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Balu wrote:Hi,

i use CTRL+H to switch to Hexmode and CTRL+T to switch back to Info view.
This will change the view mode in the Internal Viewer.

But the discussed problem was opening current file in another viewer (for example in PictView).