Plugins Ideas

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Plugins Ideas

Post by Jan Rysavy »

frax

Post by frax »

How about an IMAP server plugin?
frax

Post by frax »

One more - but I am just dreaming of this - a Mozy plugin, to interface the Mozy backup database... !

(Mozy is a commercial online backup service)
djm

ssh plugin,panel plugins

Post by djm »

I am working very offen with putty ssh client. Maybe it would be a good idea for a ssh plugin in salamander. We already have a command line in salamander. So making one panel to the console window and typing commands on the command line.

Another idea maybe is to make one panel working as a web browser window or integrating an existing browser (For easy java uploads or ftp file transfers or saving images and so on).

However it would be really cool if it is possible to integrate some external/internal programms like an editor/viewer in one of the panels.

Support for FTP over ssl would be also really good.

DJM
dj-marty

ftp edit

Post by dj-marty »

Oh i have forgott one thing. Editing of FTP Files directly would be also really good.
MFG

DJM
training

Gmail drive plug-in

Post by training »

I'd like to propose that someone develops a plug-in for Gmail Drive.

Gmail drive (http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm) is a great tool, that allows you to use your gmail account as a remote virtual disk with more than 6Gb of free storage.

Managing the capacity of a gmail drive from the easy interface of Salamander would be really great.

Imagine that, in the same way that Salamander allows us to handle the files in our cell phones, by opening directly the "My Computer > Mobile device" folder, we could also open directly the "My Computer > Gmail drive" that appears after installing viksoe's tool.

Please, make my day and tell me that someone is going to develop this plug-in!
Attachments
Here you can see the 6Gb gmail drive as a folder more in Windows Explorer. Imagine we could get the same thing in Altap Salamander!
Here you can see the 6Gb gmail drive as a folder more in Windows Explorer. Imagine we could get the same thing in Altap Salamander!
gmail.gif (27.83 KiB) Viewed 17520 times
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

jis

Post by jis »

frax

Re: Plugins Ideas

Post by frax »

It would be great to have access to the attachment file (pre)viewers that one can use in Outlook 2007, including for e.g. Microsoft Word and others...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163487.aspx
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/02/1 ... df-reader/
--
Hugo Ahlenius