Rules for Queuing and making Queuing more easy to access

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
ruffy

Rules for Queuing and making Queuing more easy to access

Post by ruffy »

The queueing feature finally propelles Altap way ahead all the other file managers, it was the final reason for me to purchase it.

Now queuing is a frequently used feature and as someone else in this forum proposed it should probably be made default for all copy/move actions.
But what about providing a possibilty for the user to set a MB value in the configuration at which the copy/move is queued or not queued.
For example i would define that all files below 100mb should be transfered immediately, but above that, they should be queued in case another transfer is in progress. That way you would give smaller files transfer priority.

Secondly:
Right now to set the copy/move to queuing you have to click on "options" and then check the "wait until all other Copy/Move operations are finished" box. It is tiring if you are moving files a lot, like i do.

So my vision would be to select a file, press F6 and be presented with a dialog like the one right now, but additionally with a checkbox for queueing/notqueuing right next or under the filepath-field. And this checkbox should be pre-checked or pre-unchecked based on the file size rules i defined in my configuration.

What do you think?
katsuhiko

Post by katsuhiko »

A Checkbox in configuration for how to handle copy/move progress would be kewl.

I handle thousands of files on our network, its annoying to open dozen
copy windows ^^'''

1. no auto queue
2. auto queue files if already a copy/move progress is running
3. queue copy/move progress till i start the queue (like in flashfxp - full edit able queue manager)

cya
alextorex

Re: Rules for Queuing and making Queuing more easy to access

Post by alextorex »

I also need this feature.
I need Wait until all other Copy/Move operations are finished to be checked by default (configurable).
It would be cool if it would be checked by default if specific HDD is already involved in an existent copy/move operation.
frax

Post by frax »

I use ftp software like wsftp and CuteFTP Pro - I would like to see a queueing box like on those in Salamander, wouldn't that be great!
--
Hugo Ahlenius
roman2

Post by roman2 »

ruffy wrote: Right now to set the copy/move to queuing you have to click on "options" and then check the "wait until all other Copy/Move operations are finished" box.
What magic word do I need to say in order to see this option? I also need it. I use version 2.52 beta 1.
roman2

Post by roman2 »

ruffy wrote:Right now to set the copy/move to queuing you have to click on "options" and then check the "wait until all other Copy/Move operations are finished" box.
Would you or anyone else please tell me where exactly I can find this option? It doesn't seem to be present in my copy of Salamander (2.52 b1 on Windows Vista).
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

roman2 wrote:
ruffy wrote:Right now to set the copy/move to queuing you have to click on "options" and then check the "wait until all other Copy/Move operations are finished" box.
Would you or anyone else please tell me where exactly I can find this option? It doesn't seem to be present in my copy of Salamander (2.52 b1 on Windows Vista).
You have to check the F5's Copy dialog options. (or use the Alt+w shortcut).
andydelor

Post by andydelor »

The Alt+W shortcut is ok, but an option like "remember all options for next copy/move" will be really nice.
Beacuse there are more then one option, I wish for default.

Is it possible, to queuing also all unpacking operations too? By default / by option / by shortcut ...
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

andydelor wrote:Is it possible, to queuing also all unpacking operations too?
Note: archiver operations doesn't run on background. We plan to implement it, but not at a near future.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

andydelor wrote:The Alt+W shortcut is ok, but an option like "remember all options for next copy/move" will be really nice.
From Altap Salamander 2.53 it will be possible to Save Copy/Move options as default.
Nailz

Post by Nailz »

Jan Rysavy wrote:
andydelor wrote:The Alt+W shortcut is ok, but an option like "remember all options for next copy/move" will be really nice.
From Altap Salamander 2.53 it will be possible to Save Copy/Move options as default.
Was this put in? I cannot seem to find the option in both 2.54 and the 3.0 beta.
therube

Post by therube »

Open Copy Dialog (press F5 on a file/dir)
Expand Options
Checkmark, Wait until all other options...
Click the down-arrow in the Options box at the bottom (OK Cancel Options Help)
-> Save options as defaults
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Nailz

Post by Nailz »

therube wrote:Click the down-arrow in the Options box at the bottom
So they hid it there, hehe! I thank thee.