Browse zip archived docx, kmz etc as an option

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
frax

Browse zip archived docx, kmz etc as an option

Post by frax »

Hi,
I would love to have an option available to me to easily browse files like kmz (Google Earth kml-file, with zip compression) or the newer Microsoft Office formats (like docx) as a zip archive. I still like the default to be opening in the associated program, but if it was possible some other way - I am fine with user menu, viewer or alternate viewer.

Some times I just need to copy and/or review a resource in the file.

Any tips on how this can be achieved?
--
Hugo Ahlenius
Ether

Re: Browse zip archived docx, kmz etc as an option

Post by Ether »

This is a feature planned for some future release, but not really in the near future. You could probably write a silly AutoHotkey script that opens Salamander's configuration window, creates an entry for *.* (or only your favorite filetypes) associated to the ZIP plugin, and closes the window. Another script would reverse the change. This way you could switch between defaulting to opening the file and browsing it as an archive.
Ελληνικά rulez.
frax

Re: Browse zip archived docx, kmz etc as an option

Post by frax »

Ok,
How I did it now was to open the 7-zip file manager as an alternate viewer, which works fine, although not as cool as using it all in AS!
--
Hugo Ahlenius