Installation extern plugins

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
WOXXINI

Installation extern plugins

Post by WOXXINI »

Dear All,
I am not very experienced in software handling. I have a problem to install external plugins (e.g. irfanview, universalviewer a.s.o) in the AS. Is there any description existing which can help me? I also look for a
german manual of the AS, which describes the most important functions in AS. Thanks for help.

woxxini
Ether

Re: Installation extern plugins

Post by Ether »

I'm not sure what you mean. Unless I'm mistaken, there are no IrfanView and UniversalViewer plugins for Salamander.

If you want to open a file in an external viewer (for example IrfanView) from Salamander, there are several options:
1) If IrfanView if the default picture viewer on your system, you can double-click on it or highlight it and press Enter.
2) If not, you can go to menu Options > Configuration... > Viewers and Editors > Viewers. Create a row in the list and put in *.jpg;*.png. In the field Associated viewer, choose External Viewer, use the triangle button on the right of Command to find the program (probably IrfanView.exe somewhere under C:\Program Files), use the triangle button on the right of Arguments to add $(Name) and the triangle button on the right of Initial directory to add $(FullPath). Move your new row to the top of the list using the arrow buttons on upper right. When you now press F3 on a .jpg or .png file, IrfanView should open the image. You can add more file types in the row if you want. There are other places where you can put your viewers, like Alternate Viewers and User Menu.

Sorry for using English names in the guide. I can translate the names to German, if you need.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Moder_20

Post by Moder_20 »

Still dont work heree :/
Ether

Post by Ether »

What doesn't work? Did you follow my steps and F3 still doesn't open the external viewer?
Ελληνικά rulez.