Keyboard file/folder search

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Kris

Keyboard file/folder search

Post by Kris »

Hi Altap and board members.

When I use keyboardsearch for a file or folder name then Altap Salamander is searching from where it is, meaning tha if there is no file/ folder name matching the keyboard input below the cursor position then it will start to search from where it is current position but in a reverse order. Is there a setting somewhere to make Altap Salamander to start it's search from the top position always?

Regards,
Kris
Ether

Re: Keyboard file/folder search

Post by Ether »

Hi. I don't think there's any setting for that, but to me, it's a useful feature - I can start writing and Salamander finds the file/directory that is closest to my cursor. Anyway, you can always press Home before you start searching. Does that help you?
Ελληνικά rulez.
therube

Post by therube »

> it will start to search from where it is current position but in a reverse order

Weird.
All these years, I never noticed that, or at least never thought of it in those terms.

(Seemingly its been a non-issue for me.)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
SvA

Post by SvA »

Ether wrote:you can always press Home before you start searching.
It's not even necessary to do it before you start searching, you can freely navigate between matching entries using Up/Down/PgUp/PgDn/Home/End.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Well, the problem arise when you have a folder and a file starting with the same letters then it is annoying.
I do realize that I can press [Home] prior to starting my search, but it would be nice to have that feature for sure, it has worked like this in NC and DC for years.
If it only could be a option one could enable then I would be very gratefull as I do houndreds of searches everyday.

Kind regards,
Kris