Hotkeys definable?

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
johnd126

Hotkeys definable?

Post by johnd126 »

Are hotkeys definable in AS 3? I did have it installed for a while but forgot to check.

Most Windows apps now use F5 to refresh a view and I'm a bit tired of having to always remember the different key combination for AS so I'd like to change it.
SelfMan

Re: Hotkeys definable?

Post by SelfMan »

Not yet (except for Plugins). Most users would say "get used to it" :). There are so many keyboard shortcuts you can learn to be effective.
Just hit F1 and open the "Shortcuts" > "Keyboard shortcuts" branch.

FYI: for refresh use CTRL+R
F5 is used in windows for refresh, but its copy function is much older then windows itself. Remeber Norton Commander?
These keyboard shortcuts have over the decades proven, that they are the most effective.
So, for some people it would be nice to customize them. For others not so. To add custom shortcuts for features where they dont exist I give a +1.
But for now I think that the unicode implemetation is the most important step.
johnd126

Re: Hotkeys definable?

Post by johnd126 »

SelfMan wrote:Not yet (except for Plugins). Most users would say "get used to it" :). There are so many keyboard shortcuts you can learn to be effective.
Just hit F1 and open the "Shortcuts" > "Keyboard shortcuts" branch.

FYI: for refresh use CTRL+R
F5 is used in windows for refresh, but its copy function is much older then windows itself. Remeber Norton Commander?
These keyboard shortcuts have over the decades proven, that they are the most effective.
So, for some people it would be nice to customize them. For others not so. To add custom shortcuts for features where they dont exist I give a +1.
But for now I think that the unicode implemetation is the most important step.
Most of us in the real world have not used Norton Commander but *have* used Microsoft Word! ;)

I understand your point about 'getting used to it' but after a while it's just tiring to have to learn and remember different commands for each different program. I'm a programmer as well and I've tried to use as many common hot key combinations as I can. It's not always possible, of course.

Thanks.