Hot Paths / Jump list. Help!

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Margodth

Hot Paths / Jump list. Help!

Post by Margodth »

I use altap salamander as a replacement of windows file manager. I love it. In fact, hot paths is the feature that convince me to move to salamander in version 1.5x.
The last beta version didn't have hot paths as use to be. So I read and I have found that it was moved to windows jump list. I use win7 and I couldn't find out how to go to one my folders like with Ctrl+6. In fact... it was imposible to me how I must use it now with jumplist.

Anyone there, can explain to me how to use this migrated feature?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Hot Paths / Jump list. Help!

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Could you please describe what changed in latest Altap Salamander beta version? We didn't remove or change Hot Paths. Just added Windows 7+ jumplist support.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please check Altap Salamander configuration (Options > Configuration > Hot Paths) - are your hot paths defined there? Did you import old Altap Salamander configuration during AS 3.0b3 installation? Can you assign a new hot path and use it?
Margodth

Post by Margodth »

I have unistall and install new version again.
Seems it's not importing old beta hot-paths.
I've tested better and hot paths are there. Before this... I couldn't save hot paths (perhaps my mistake). Now it's working

I Will use this version. (beta 3 x64)

Thanks a lot
Margodth

Post by Margodth »

After trying a little bit with hot paths, I had establish all my old configuration and notice something.
One of the hot path that I use most is Ctrl+0.
:shock: The 0 slot seems not to be working for me. I cannot save it, not even force it trough the registry to be saved and then use properly.
Slots from 1 to 9 works as usual.

A difference between this beta with older versions, it's that when you establish a hot path with the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+[0-9], the check to enable the hot path was checked. Now after pressing the shortcut, then I have to manually enable pressing the check control to save it. :!: Not a big issue, but less comfortable.

PD: Sorry about my english, it's not my first language. So if it's not clear, write me again if you need more information about these issues.
PD2: If you check this and determine that there is a bug, move the discussion to the corresponding board forum or let me know if there is something wrong in my computer that may cause this behavior.

Thanks a lot.
SvA

Post by SvA »

The check marks determine, whether the item is displayed in the hot path menu, the hotkey works regardless. Also it does not have any influence on whether the item (path and description) are saved. The check mark itself is saved along with the rest of the configured values, so, if you check it once and then save your configuration, it should stay checked until you manually un-check it again.

Hot Path associated with shift+/ctrl+0 works just the same as all the others for me. Maybe some other application registerd a global hotkey and now conflicts with AS's setting?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Thank you, we can reproduce this problem and will look at it.
Margodth

Post by Margodth »

In order to provide more information, now I check these issues on my notebook were I had a previous beta version and after installing the new one, none of them appeared. Everything works fine with hotpaths as always and the previous configuration was imported correctly.

Notebook: Windows 7 x86 / Intel / Salamander x86
Desktop: Windows 7 x64 / AMD / Salamander x64

So I assume that the problem was only on x64 branch.

Note: After I install the last beta x64 version, the configuration was imported from the previous version except for hotpaths.
Note 2: Both Installers gave me an option to start salamander after install and regardless of the version (x86 / x64), I had to manually start salamander.

May be you already know all this, but just in case I send it to you.
thanks for the huge and solid filemanager you are producing. Makes my life a lot easier.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Problem solved, Ctrl+Shift+0 is Windows hot key and can be disabled, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967893

You can also assign hot path using mouse, see http://www.altap.cz/salamander/help/sal ... _hotpaths/
Margodth

Post by Margodth »

Solved :D Thanks a lot.
Even I had diferent keys to change the language this shortcut was blocked.