Mindless Praise inside :)

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
rebb

Mindless Praise inside :)

Post by rebb »

Just wanted to congratulate the Altap Guys on this great piece of Software !
Its my favourite File-Manager !

Keep it up ! :)
John Hnidec

Agreed

Post by John Hnidec »

It is exceptional software, quite rare nowadays. Have tried just about all other file managers, some have features I would like to see in SS, but none come close to the quality and robustness of SS.

The sooner you can get the SDK happening the better.

I have been a registered user for years, excellent software.

thanks
areve

Post by areve »

Well, I can only agree. I've been using the beta and free versions for a while and decided to register a few weeks ago. No regret whatsoever. This is great software !
omega

Post by omega »

Competition often lead to improvements. SS hardly have any worthy competitors and still ALTAP developers continue to improve it's wonderful tool leaving the others far behind.

The roadmap, the possibility to create our own plugins once SDK is ready plus useful ideas shared among users in this forum will only let this file manager stay the best.

Thanks to the ALTAP guys we have our own servant. SS is here to serve. :mrgreen:
Snowdear

Re: Mindless Praise inside :)

Post by Snowdear »

rebb wrote:Just wanted to congratulate the Altap Guys on this great piece of Software ! Its my favourite File-Manager ! Keep it up ! :)
Full ACK. As of now, I can't bear to mess around with Windows Explorer anymore. My Salamander is always with me on a USB-Stick. I've tried others (T*t*l C*mm*and*r, etc.) but nothing compares to SS.

BTW: What about an option to store the settings in an ini-File instead of the registry. Would be handy to have a fully portable SS on a USB-Stick.

Snowdear
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Mindless Praise inside :)

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Snowdear wrote:BTW: What about an option to store the settings in an ini-File instead of the registry. Would be handy to have a fully portable SS on a USB-Stick.
Please, post this request to Feature Requests forum.

Post by Guest »

I agree! I love Servant Salamander! I used Norton Commander back in the DOS days, then changed over to Total Commander. I was always happy with Total Commander, but it seemed to be lacking "something".

I finally found the file manager I was looking for. Thanks Altap!

Post by Guest »

I have always loved 2 pane filebrowsers and the great control, safety and understanding it gives on filesystems, I runs nearly everything from SS and its always with me on usb-key.

From the start I love the simplicity and it has been a great pleasure (and a great help) to se it grow into a tool that covers nearly all my work on pc.

A great Tankyou to the Servant Salamander Team. :mrgreen:

Post by Guest »

just wanted to say that I also love salamander. best Filemanager ever!