Little typos on the new website

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Hadez

Little typos on the new website

Post by Hadez »

Hello friends,

the new website rocks! I like the clean look and want to browse around and just enjoy.
To make it more pleasing, here are some typos I’ve found:
  • Open architecture allows [to?] extend Altap Salamander
  • powerfull Renamer plugin
  • What our customers says
I’m a Czech native and can’t say if you should also sprinkle some articles (a/the) around. Or rather, they belong there, but judging that is well over my abilities right now, I’m still quite lost in the rules :-) As a whole, the language IS well readable and serves its purpose. Please don’t get offended with this nitpicking, I only want the website to be perfect just like your software is.
I mean, I can offer quite some amendments if you would like but only as an amateur trying to feel the language. More findings to come if you’re interested.

All the best in 2012! :-)
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Little typos on the new website

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Thank you for your time and effort, we appreciate all feedback.
Reported issues are fixed :)
omega

Post by omega »

This is off topic but i don't understand why the same page is used multiple times as alternatives for other file managers?
Some file managers already support features that are still in your roadmap. Other than that the new site looks great
Slanec

Post by Slanec »

omega wrote:This is off topic but i don't understand why the same page is used multiple times as alternatives for other file managers?
That page, by the way, has a "$AS_ALTERNATIVE" variable forgotten there.

And as far as I can guess, the many pages are there for better googling, as anyone trying to find an alternative to his program will find the proper and only one - AS :).
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

AS_ALTERNATIVE is fixed, thank you.

Yes, these pages are aimed at people finding alternative for their file manager. Salamander is missing some features we have on roadmap, but also have some you will have hard time to find in another file manager. For example robust file operations with Retry option and proper error handling and reporting.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We wish You all the best in 2012! :)