Altap Questions

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
SuperShark

Altap Questions

Post by SuperShark »

Hi, I like Altap Salamander. My personal opinion is that it's the best, if not the best Windows Explorer Alternative. Although I have a few questions:

- I want to preview EXR / HDR / PIC in the explorer view, how can I ?
- I want to turn favorites into Tabs ?
- How can I remove the line that is around everything as seen in this image ?
- I created a User Menu how come it's gone after restarting Altap ? Can I add a keyboard short-cut to User Menu programs ?
therube

Re: Altap Questions

Post by therube »

> I created a User Menu how come it's gone after restarting Altap ?

If you have turned off, Options | Configuration | General -> Save configuration on exit,
then you must specifically save the configuration, Options | Save Configuration,
before exiting, or else settings such as User Menu changes will not be saved.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Ether

Post by Ether »

SuperShark wrote:- I want to preview EXR / HDR / PIC in the explorer view, how can I ?
By 'explorer view', you mean thumbnail view? If so, you probably want to ask for support of these formats in the PictView plugin (and you should make a separate topic for that). Also, you can try the Explorer Thumbnails plugin (assuming you can see the thumbnails in Explorer).
SuperShark wrote:- I want to turn favorites into Tabs ?
This is not currently possible. Support for tabs is on the roadmap, but right now other improvements are in development.
SuperShark wrote:- How can I remove the line that is around everything as seen in this image ?
You can change the color to white in Options > Configuration... > Colors > Item: Frame around thumbnail in panel.
Ελληνικά rulez.
SuperShark

Post by SuperShark »

I added a program to the user menu, but only the program title appears then it stops.
Ether

Post by Ether »

What was the program? What exactly does "it stops" mean? If it was a console application, it's normal for it to show up and disappear instantly.
Ελληνικά rulez.
SuperShark

Post by SuperShark »

Ether wrote:rogram? What exactly does "it stops" mean? If it was a console application, it's normal for it to show up and disappear instantly.
It's not a console application. It's a regular executable Windows program, the splash screen loads then stops.
therube

Post by therube »

It's a regular executable Windows program
And ... it's name?
SuperShark

Post by SuperShark »

Microsoft Rich Copy
therube

Post by therube »

(Wow. That's got a few command options to it, heh.)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/maga ... px?pr=blog
SuperShark

Post by SuperShark »

It won't load in the User Menu ? Pretty nifty program. I haven't used it that much, I keep it around. :D