W7 Enterprise - Adding Salamander to Righ Click Context

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
vld

W7 Enterprise - Adding Salamander to Righ Click Context

Post by vld »

I've been trying to figure out how to add Altap Salamander to the Computer right mouse click context menu and I can't find the key area. I have been able to successfully add it to W7 Professional, but if I use the same key area, it does not appear on the Windows 7 Enterprise.

This is the key I am using which won't work for Enterprise version

Code: Select all

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Altap Salamander\command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Altap Salamander 2.54\\salamand.exe"
Can anyone tell me how to make it work for W7 Enterprise?
Ether

Re: W7 Enterprise - Adding Salamander to Righ Click Context

Post by Ether »

Could you create a folder with the CLSID as its "extension" on both systems, open it in Explorer and compare the results?
Example: MyComputer.{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
Ελληνικά rulez.
vld

Post by vld »

Here's the thing. That KEY area: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\ does exist on Enterprise 7. But you add a key in there, it does not display on the Computer right click context. I was using a program called Gigatweaker and it has an option to put itself on the right click of yor Desktop or Computer and it can also display the KEY area. The KEY area is the same as I have listed and it DOES display on the right click of Computer and it's NOT in the registry. So it must use a different area for Enterprise.
Ether

Post by Ether »

vld wrote:So it must use a different area for Enterprise.
Do a registry search for 'Gigatweaker' then.
Ελληνικά rulez.
vld

Post by vld »

Ether wrote:
vld wrote:So it must use a different area for Enterprise.
Do a registry search for 'Gigatweaker' then.
Been there already, can't find it. Just like Manage is on the right context click and that cannot be found. :?
Ether

Post by Ether »

Oh... Then it's maybe a shell extension that does it. Could you post a HTML report from ShExView?
Ελληνικά rulez.
mdruiter

Post by mdruiter »

You are aware that in Windows x64, Salamander will not show all of the registry?
vld

Post by vld »

Ether wrote:Oh... Then it's maybe a shell extension that does it. Could you post a HTML report from ShExView?
I took a look with that program and there is nothing that stands out. The KEY area is the same.
mdruiter wrote:You are aware that in Windows x64, Salamander will not show all of the registry?
No, I did not even think of that. I will look with RegEdit and see if I can see anything strange. I'm stuck in Salamander so often I forget about its defects. :oops: