How to rename file in line without a mouse?

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Duck

How to rename file in line without a mouse?

Post by Duck »

I use salamander as a HTPC interface. Nice large font to browse media files to play. Sometimes files need to be renamed, but pressing F2 brings up a little window which is far too small to use if not sitting at the computer.

Using a keyboard for navigation, how do you rename in line like you get with 2 single clicks on a file? Ideally I want F2 to rename in this manner rather than bring up a new window. There must be some way of doing it. Any ideas?
SelfMan

Re: How to rename file in line without a mouse?

Post by SelfMan »

Setting inline rename as default is not available. Works only with mouse.
(you can make a new fearture request)

I have 2 possible options for your current situation:
- change the display DPI settiong to 120 and abowe or
- change the system dialog fonts size to a higher value (AS uses the system font for dialogs)

-
Duck

Post by Duck »

Thanks, but I don't want to change DPI and the second option does not make the typed text any bigger.

Do you know if it can be done with a plugin to modify the behaviour of salamander or must it be a feature request at this point?
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

A plug-in might help, but I am not a developer, so I can't tell for sure.
PeterDe

Post by PeterDe »

Duck wrote:Thanks, but I don't want to change DPI and the second option does not make the typed text any bigger.

Do you know if it can be done with a plugin to modify the behaviour of salamander or must it be a feature request at this point?
What plugin do you mean?