If I don't purchase a PictView, Can't I view thumnails?

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
JongHo

If I don't purchase a PictView, Can't I view thumnails?

Post by JongHo »

1st question)

Altap Salamander is about 29$ and PictView is about 5$..

If I don't purchase a PictView together with Altap Salamander, Can't I view thumnails of images?

If it's right.. Why don't Altap integrate PictView into Salamander?

2nd question)

I hope that Altap Salamander should have advanced overwrite dialog and options.. If same filename exists in target folder, there should be some options like : Rename, Auto-Rename, etc.. See Total Commander. Do you plan to make it?
stepand76
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: If I don't purchase a PictView, Can't I view thumnails?

Post by stepand76 »

If I don't purchase a PictView together with Altap Salamander, Can't I view thumnails of images?
Maybe you are looking for this.
therube

Post by therube »

If I rename the /plugins/pictview/ directory, effectively eliminating pictview.exe (or pvw32cnv.dll as it is), then when changing a panel to display Thumbnails, then no they do not display (only a generic icon in their place).

You could use third party, external programs to view any number of file types by associating same in the Viewers configuration.

I'm not sure what I've given is a thorough enough answer?
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

You can click the "What's this" link to description of optional plugins for Altap Salamander:
http://purchase.altap.cz/purchase/

And yes, you need plugin (PictView or other thumbnails supporting plugin) to get thumbnails in AS.