New Icons

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
kbirger

New Icons

Post by kbirger »

I've made some new icons for Salamander that are a bit more suitable for Vista/7. I'm sharing them so you can all enjoy. There are 4 icons, same colors as the default ones but a bit more high quality.

Each icon has the following size: 256x256 (alpha, vista/7 png), 48x48, 32x32, 16x16 (border removed to make it more clear)

Screenshot:
screen.png
screen.png (297.01 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
Files:
salam.rar
(254.84 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
If it is okay with the staff, I can post a version of the salamander executable with these icons replacing the original ones.

edit: forgot to mention. everyone may feel free to use these in any way you please. completely open license.

Now maybe if I can get my hands on the splash screen :evil:
Ether

Re: New Icons

Post by Ether »

I'm afraid you can't open licence those icons, at least not according to the Copyright law. I'm no lawyer but that seems to be a derivative work of the icons made by Manolis Gerasidis and probably licenced or sold only to Altap. Depending on which one is true, what country you reside in and what you believe in, you shouldn't share this work.

Anyways, I'm not sure about any of this legal stuff, but it's just rude to use someone's work and share it openly without asking first (which I assume you haven't done, because you didn't mention it).

Nice work though. Only the shadows seem too thick or too sharp for my taste.
Ελληνικά rulez.
kbirger

Re: New Icons

Post by kbirger »

I made these from scratch. Not saying they aren't BASED on them, but there's a difference. Also, I'm not the one trying to sell them. I'm just saying that whatever you guys choose to do with them is your own business, and you can take responsibility for that.

It hardly seems likely that someone will try to sell these :P