Re-install of Salamander 2.52

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
HaPee

Re-install of Salamander 2.52

Post by HaPee »

Hi,
due to problems with the PC I am currently using (has already crashed twice), I am in the process of re-installing everything on another PC. My question : is it possible to take over all settings of Salamander to the other PC, and if so, how to proceed ?
Thanks in advance,
Henk
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Re-install of Salamander 2.52

Post by Jan Rysavy »

(updated)
For reinstalling on the same computer: While uninstalling Altap Salamander (in this case version 2.53) please keep clear options "Remove also configuration from Registry" and "Remove also registration (license) keys". Then reinstall AS 2.52 (or wait for AS 2.53, it will be released today).
uninstall.png
uninstall.png (22.66 KiB) Viewed 4821 times
To transfer Salamander to another computer you need to export Altap Salamander 2.52 configuration using command Options > Export Configuration and backup it. Double-click exported file on second computer as noted Jan Patera in post below. You also need to transfer registration keys (C:\Program Files\Altap Salamander 2.52\KEYS25.ZIP) to another computer and import it using menu Help > Import Registration Keys.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Re-install of Salamander 2.52

Post by Jan Patera »

To transfer to another computer,
Jan Rysavy wrote:...export Altap Salamander 2.52 configuration using command Options > Export Configuration,...
transfer the created .reg file to the new computer and import it into registry (e.g. using the RegEdit application or by double-clicking it in Explorer) when Salamander is not running.