Directory name in [brackets]

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
camper

Directory name in [brackets]

Post by camper »

Just curious, is it possible to show the directory names in [braces], so they are easier to distinguish from archives (I'm on a 4k-monitor)?
SelfMan

Re: Directory name in [brackets]

Post by SelfMan »

Why don't you utilize Options > Configuration > Colors?
camper

Post by camper »

That's what I indeed used now. Just thought there was such an option - I have seen something like that recently, but it could have been in a competing tool.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

You can find [dir_name] syntax in Total Commander. It isn't supported in Salamander, we never liked it.
MartinS

Post by MartinS »

camper wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 11:11 Just curious, is it possible to show the directory names in [braces], so they are easier to distinguish from archives (I'm on a 4k-monitor)?
I prefere the AS setting to show names in lower case; directories in upper case which I'm used to since Norton Commander days.
camper

Post by camper »

I prefer to see file names in that case that are on disk. But I don't care anymore what Altap Salamander does or does not. I've created my own, plattform independent file manager in the mean-time. Not that versatile like Altap Salamander, but good enough.