Access to Pocket-PC using ActiveSync

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
tdrees

Access to Pocket-PC using ActiveSync

Post by tdrees »

Hi,

as far as I remember, there was a possibilty to access the file-system of a pocket-pc when ActiveSync is installed. There was a shortcut to it in the "Change Drive" dialog. In the most current beta this shortcut is no longer there. Is this feature discontinued?

Regards,

Torsten
ino

Re: Access to Pocket-PC using ActiveSync

Post by ino »

tdrees wrote:Hi,

There was a shortcut to it in the "Change Drive" dialog. In the most current beta this shortcut is no longer there.
Hi,
I guess you can select which plugins are accessable from "Change Drive" dialog.

:arrow: Point to Menu - Plugins - Plugins Manager. There find/focus plugin you are reqested and check the down-left checkbox "Show xy item in Change Drive menu".
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

The Windows Mobile plugin detects the presence of ActiveSync software during Servant Salamander installation and hides its Change Drive menu item if ActiveSync is not found.

If you install the ActiveSync after Servant Salamander, you must explicitly enable this menu item as mentioned ino.

Post by Guest »

Thanks guys! :P
daern

Post by daern »

It's worth noting that the Windows Mobile plugin doesn't yet work with WM5 devices (i.e. new ones)...
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

daern wrote:It's worth noting that the Windows Mobile plugin doesn't yet work with WM5 devices (i.e. new ones)...
Please look at http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?t=106