extending amount of hotpath entries

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Jefffy

extending amount of hotpath entries

Post by Jefffy »

I've used up all my hotpath entries, but I want to store more directories. How to do?

I don't really use the shortcut keys, but I have the hotpaths on the toolbar for easy access. Is it possible I can create an icon that just causes Salamander to change the directory of the selected pain? Using the user menu perhaps with "cd" as the command? I don't really care how it works - I just want to click an icon to change the current dir.
th.

Re: extending amount of hotpath entries

Post by th. »

Textor

Re: extending amount of hotpath entries

Post by Textor »

If you don't mind a little programming, there is perhaps an even more powerful alternative to Windows Scripting. And it doesn't require an entry in your user menu:

AutoHotkey
http://www.autohotkey.com/

Is is an open-source programming language for creating macros, keyboard shortcuts, mouse key definitions, mouse gestures, and pop-up menus. It can distinguish between applications currently running and switch hotkeys accordingly, so that you can use the same key combinations to achieve different results in different contexts, or avoid conflicts with existing application hotkeys.

Here is an example, I use it to navigate to two directories like they were drives, with Shift-j & Shift-k

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive, ahk_class SalamanderMainWindowVer25

+j::
send +{F7}
Sleep 5
Send F:\J\
send {Enter}
return

+k::
send +{F7}
Sleep 5
Send F:\K\