Possible to Hotkey Winkey+E ??

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
MushyWaffle

Possible to Hotkey Winkey+E ??

Post by MushyWaffle »

So first, I'm loving Salamander. However, I am a heavy keyboard user and love my shortcuts. I am always just popping Winkey+E for file access. I know this is native MS Windows command, but is there a way to have it launch Salamander instead of MS Explorer? Having to manually launch S from an icon is just too painful for me.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Possible to Hotkey Winkey+E ??

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Do you know you can assign your own hot key to Altap Salamander (or any other) shortcut? We are starting it this way.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

I prefere to use CTRL+ALT+S for Salamander and leave the WinKey+E as is.
MushyWaffle

Post by MushyWaffle »

I understand, but I want the Win+E.. because that is the command that brings up File Explorer natively on 250 workstations I have. So I try to maintain habits and lack of customization, so I can move easily between them. I have customized heavily in the past and all it did was make me frustrated other machines didn't do the same. So I stick with the default commands.

To first responder (sorry, once I hite replay it doesn't let me see original)... No I didn't, which is why I was asking. SO, are you saying I can use the Win+E then?
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

You can not freely change default windows shortcuts...
some info is here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... b896e80c3f
THe only "workarround" is autohotkey. But IMO thats messy.