cd r problem

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
kathy

cd r problem

Post by kathy »

I am new to vista. I put some files on a CD R, and now I want to copy that information so I can do some editing, and it keeps saying it is read only. So I was wondering if anybody here knows how I can do this, or if you have a program that I can utilize for this problem. Since I am not very computer literate, I hope this makes sense. Thanks :D Kathy
vld

Re: cd r problem

Post by vld »

you need to copy the files from the CD and put them on your hard rive, remove the read only attribute and then you can edit the file.
kathy

Post by kathy »

Thank you for your information. How do I copy the CD onto my hard drive? I'm sorry, but I am a grandmother trying to be computer literate. A thousand thanks! :)
Ether

Post by Ether »

Find the files you want to edit, for example with Windows Explorer. You can use your mouse cursor to drag the files from the folder to your Desktop or your Documents folder. Once copied, the files are now stored on your computer and you can edit them all you want. But the files on the CD won't change - they are stored permanently and cannot be changed.
Ελληνικά rulez.