Any news? Any upcoming version?

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
michalq

Re: Any news? Any upcoming version?

Post by michalq »

stepand76 wrote:Please stop disturbing developers from their work. They need to focus on coding, testing and release. Do you really think that such a posts help developers to make a release sooner?
Just for your info, see release history of Altap v3:

02/27/2015 - Altap Salamander 3.06
12/29/2014 - Altap Salamander 3.05
10/31/2014 - Altap Salamander 3.04
08/29/2014 - Altap Salamander 3.03
05/30/2014 - Altap Salamander 3.02
04/29/2014 - Altap Salamander 3.01
04/01/2014 - Altap Salamander 3.0
11/29/2013 - Altap Salamander 3.0 beta 4
08/29/2013 - Altap Salamander 3.0 beta 3
03/29/2013 - Altap Salamander 3.0 beta 2
11/30/2012 - Altap Salamander 3.0 beta 1

From release 3.06 situation looks like that the Altap development completely stopped. This forum is full of promising statements like:
- we are working on ...
- new release will there during few days ...
- in next release will be these new capabilities ...
- we are working hardly, but do not ask for exact date of next release ...
- etc
- etc

On the other hand you can see here a lot of requests to fix many bugs and a lot of requests to add some new functionalities (rights elevation, unicode support, etc, etc.). The developers always responds in the same way: "We are working hardly on that, next release is coming."

BUT, during last 10 months was not released any new version!!! This is commercial project, ALTAP users pay for this application. So, do not ask me to stop disturbing developers, please!!!
Last edited by michalq on 09 Dec 2015, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I understand your frustration, it is frustrating for us too. We wanted to release AS 3.07 long ago, but we decided to postpone it because it will be better release with patches we are doing. Several interesting ideas and problems were discussed in this forum recently, it all takes some time.
w.p.

Post by w.p. »

I'm waiting too.
I hope it will be better product than for example Win10 so I think it's a better option to wait longer than to obtain beta version instead of real release.
I use the Product since 2000 or sth - I bought 4 licenses - 2 for me and 2 for my bosses.
Regards!
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We are still working on 3.07 release - fixing PictView x64 scanning problem (implementing support for WIA drivers).
michalq

Post by michalq »

After a month of additional waiting I have only one simple question: Hey, ALTAP guys, are you doing anything useful for us, your clients ??!! I am afraid, you do not. Just tell us frankly, that you have no time to work on new ALTAP developments, because your statements here are unreliable and awkward.
therube

Post by therube »

Eh, sorry for the non-answer, but, http://www.quickmeme.com/img/1c/1cce146 ... 8bc101.jpg.
I mean, that's just the way it is, around here, slow & stable :-).
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
omega

Post by omega »

omega

Post by omega »

attention whore
michalq

Post by michalq »

omega wrote:attention whore
nice ... really nice community :roll:
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We are progressing towards 3.07 release. Finishing language translations with translators from this forum (THANK YOU) and fixing latest problems & ideas we know we are able to finish in short time.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

File Comparator plugin does support UTF-8, UTF-16, and UTF-32.
michalq

Post by michalq »

Jan Rysavy wrote:We are progressing towards 3.07 release. Finishing language translations with translators from this forum (THANK YOU) and fixing latest problems & ideas we know we are able to finish in short time.
Short time ... really short time!?
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

michalq wrote:
Jan Rysavy wrote:We are progressing towards 3.07 release. Finishing language translations with translators from this forum (THANK YOU) and fixing latest problems & ideas we know we are able to finish in short time.
You seem to be in hurry in life. Slow down. The developers want to fix as many bugs as possible for probably the last version compatible for win2000 and winXP so take it easy and chill out.
michalq

Post by michalq »

tukanos wrote:
michalq wrote:
You seem to be in hurry in life. Slow down. The developers want to fix as many bugs as possible for probably the last version compatible for win2000 and winXP so take it easy and chill out.
Do not be pathetic! After one year (!!!) of waiting we have still no new release. Probably the developers can postpone the new release to next year (2017?), because there are still many bugs.