Thanks for a great product!

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
pl5bnsf

Thanks for a great product!

Post by pl5bnsf »

I have been using Salamander for a very long time, at least since 1998. And used the 'real' Norton Commander in DOS before that. I have tried all other Norton clones but nothing works as well as Salamander. I am lost anytime I don't have Salamander. It just keeps working and working. I am always happy when updates come out...and equally happy when Salamander just keeps working smoothly.

One feature I really like is that you can select multiple files, yet press F3 for preview on the file currently under the cursor (selected or not) and you get the current file preview. Great for looking for the proper files to select. Have tried this on other Orthodox File Managers and get a rude surprise.

And I really like the renaming functionality of being able to press F4 during manual mode renaming. Being able to then edit the file list in VIM (my editor of choice) is fantastic.
John From Boston

Voted With My Wallet

Post by John From Boston »

Hopefully enough of this user community are paying the price. For the cost there's no excuse not to support these guys, worth every dollar. I'm actually glad to pay for this product and hope the developers are making enough scratch to make it worthwhile if not getting rich. Keep up the good work, there's nothing else like it. Every time I have to work with another employee on their machine, Windows Explorer makes me want to rip my eyes out.