Renaming duplicate folders

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
duffsparky

Renaming duplicate folders

Post by duffsparky »

Hi from a Newbie,

I'm trying to find some emails that may be contained on one or more hard disks, some of which I'll have to change as my search progresses.

I've done a search for folders with the word 'profile' in the path on the current set of disks. The results show there to be lots and lots of them, some of which I know are duplicates and contain duplicated files.

I want to copy all the folders containing 'profile' in the path to another location and have them renamed incrementally 'profile', 'profile1', 'profile2', 'profile3', etc etc.

So far I have not been able to do this, please can someone advise if this is possible in AS and how to do it?

Regards.
Ether

Post by Ether »

I'm afraid that's not possible with AS at the moment. I have some ideas for very specific scenarios, but nothing working universally.
Ελληνικά rulez.
duffsparky

Post by duffsparky »

ether wrote:I'm afraid that's not possible with AS at the moment. I have some ideas for very specific scenarios, but nothing working universally.
OK thanks for the reply.