Import v1.5 usermenu into v2.5 AFTER install.

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Anteaus

Import v1.5 usermenu into v2.5 AFTER install.

Post by Anteaus »

Have been using v1.52 and v2.5 alongside each other for a while, and I want to update v2.5 with my current v1.52 usermenu (F9 key) items. I don't need to import anything else, just the usermenu.

Any ideas how to achieve this?

The obvious route of exporting/importing the registry key won't work as the 2.5 key has a lot of extra parameters.
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Import v1.5 usermenu into v2.5 AFTER install.

Post by zarevak »

I don't know about 1.52, but 2.51 has its User Menu stored in Registry under HKCR/Software/Alta/Altap Salamander 2.51/User Menu

If similar key exists in 1.52, you can export it using Regedit and reimport in under the 2.51 registry key.

Another solution is:
0) Exit Salamander
1) Delete whole 2.51 Registry key (HKCR/Software/Alta/Altap Salamander 2.51/User Menu)
2) Try to run Salamander 2.51 - it should ask to import old settings. Do it.
3) Exit Salamander
4) Open Regedit and delete all Salamander keys but the User Menu subkey
5) Start Salamander - all other settings should be reverted to default and properly saved on exit.

BTW: This works with 2.52 beta 1 too... just change the version number when looking for the key.
EDIT: note: HKCR is short for HKEY_CURRENT_USER