Is Salamander dead ?

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Exactly, Windows 7 looks really promising. Just let Microsoft finish their work, it will be widely adopted system. We are talking about XP successor here.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ether wrote:
Alfred wrote:ROFLMAO
Don't ROFLMAO us, Windows 7 (beta!) may be unusable at the moment, because of the glitches, but it's much better conceptually than Vista and has potential to become _the_ XP's successor.
I was rofl'ing bcuz "it's Windows 7, not Windows7" , thats so small minded that it was funny again.

Windows Vista is def not xp's successor, its like WinME, an OS to skip.
Windows7 needs a lot that has to be improved before it might be an successor.
You might say hey its beta, but listen to the statements from M$
and you will stop lough. They said they will force things on the user
with the upcomming Windows7 and thats not very funny.

M$ has to learn that the user is the customer and will decide in what to use or not.
Example:
There will be no classic theme and they will force the user to accept it.

Aero and thoose transperance thingy is annoying.

There are as always workarounds, but why when its so easy to implement it for thoose who doesnt want everything they call smart, good or feature.

Bugs are fixable, new Hardware will force the user to switch to new software, but taking the free will of your choice isn't the way to
make it any better.

Thats why i call it trash till they stop think we know what the user want, we will decide everything for him, we are borg.

What would you say they program Windows7 in a way that salamander
will not work anymore only because they want you to use the workplace instead? Oh they might do it because they think its better to use their
stuff instead of someones others. Its good for us so its good for you.
Eric

Post by Eric »

What's the problem with Vista and Windows 7 ?
For my part I have used Vista since the beginning with pleasure, and it is huge step better than XP and Windows 7 will be still better than Vista.
But this shouldn't be a topic here.

I installed the new AS beta and it is step forward. I agree with the others that we shouldn't wait about one year for new features.

In the beta I'm desperatly missing Unicode support, more hot paths and UAC. Any plans to include something in 2.52?

Thanks, keep up your great work (with a faster pace ;-) )
Eric
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Eric wrote:But this shouldn't be a topic here.
You are right Eric :)
Thanks for all your comments and enjoy Altap Salamander 2.52 beta 1...