List of search results

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
boo

List of search results

Post by boo »

Two questions:

1) is it possible to capture the results of a search (Find, ALT+F7) in a list that can be pasted into a document, if so how?

2) is there a way to use the current Find in a grep-like manner - I want to see the contents of the lines as they are found (assuming a search in text files)

or, is there a plugin to provide grep-like functionality? I'm not interested in reg-ex, just the basic stuff described above?

Thanks,

poo
jis

Re: List of search results

Post by jis »

boo wrote:1) is it possible to capture the results of a search (Find, ALT+F7) in a list that can be pasted into a document, if so how?
See File list export from Find Files & Directories.
Altap Salamander fan since 1998
boo

Post by boo »

Thanks, that worked nicely.

Now, about the second part. Is there a way to have grep-like functionality in Salamander?

/Boo the charming piece of poo
cincura.net

Post by cincura.net »

boo wrote:Now, about the second part. Is there a way to have grep-like functionality in Salamander?
Not exactly. But in list of files (the result) just pres F3 and again F3. It opens file in viewer and finds first match.
Jiri {x2} Cincura
boo

Post by boo »

cincura.net wrote: Not exactly. But in list of files (the result) just pres F3 and again F3. It opens file in viewer and finds first match.
Yes, I know. But that requires opening every file in a viewer. I was hoping for a grep-like solution which gives an overview at a glance without the need of opening files. Thanks anyway. Hey, can you guys consider this as a feature request :) or maybe someone can make a plugin?