How to configure UnZip to Salamander Window

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
docfxit

How to configure UnZip to Salamander Window

Post by docfxit »

I'd like to find out how to configure Salamander to UnZip a file in the same pain that the file is in when I double click on it.

The way I currently have it configured is:

Plugins Manager - ZIP = Loaded ver. 1.24
Test = ZIP plugin seems to work correctly

I do have a license for the zip plugin.

Archivers AutoConfiguration = Nothing configured

I installed UnZiplify. I copied both Unzip32.dll and Unrar.dll to C:\Windows\System32

Options > Configuration > Archivers > Unpackers in...
-- New entry UNZIP all (UnZiplify)
-- Unpack with: external program
-- file mask: zip
-- Command: "C:\Program Files\Unziplify\unziplify.exe"
-- Argument: "$(ArchivePath)\*.zip"

I have done a right click on any zip file and chose Open With, Browse to the installed program Unziplify.exe and put a check mark in "Always use the selected program"

When I double click on a zip file now I get a message saying "No archive files were found in this directory.

I'm running with a licensed copy of Salamander ver. 2.51 in XP Pro

I have another PC configured the same way and it does open the zip file into the Salamander pain.

I just found the answer:

This will use the internal plugin without needing all the other configuration above.

Options > Configuration > Archivers > Archives Associations in Panels
I needed to add
-- File Extensions - ZIP;PK3:JAR
-- List and Unpack: ZIP (Plugin)
-- Delete and Pack: ZIP (Plugin)

I thought I'd leave this here so other people could figure it out without spending as much time as I did.

Thank you for a great program,

Docfxit
SvA

Re: How to configure UnZip to Salamander Window

Post by SvA »

docfxit wrote:I'd like to find out how to configure Salamander to UnZip a file in the same pain that the file is in when I double click on it.
You can't really do this. To unpack an archive with Salamander you use ALT+F6 or ALT+F9. For this to use the active pannel (ie the directory vontaining the archive) you need to untick Unpack to othe panel and Unpack to subdirectory named by archive in Configuration | Archivers.
Alternatively you can show the same directory in the second panel, open the archive in the first pannel pressing enter when the archive is selected. Then you can use F5 to copy to the other pannel.

If you want to use double click on the archive to extract, you need to unregister the archive extension from the Configure | Archiver Associations in Panels. The rest is then up to the unziplify program you registerd to the archive extension with the Windows shell and has nothing to do with Salamander anymore.

BTW, there is no license for the Zip plugin other than the Altap Salamander license itself. There is an additional license for the Altap Selfextractor, which the Sip plugin is capable to build selfextracting archives with. But neither the plugin not the selfextractor has anything to do with unziplify, which you want to configure here.