Longest beta phase ever

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
merlin

Post by merlin »

I won't comment situation in Altap anymore because it is worthless and you simply do not react on things you don't like to hear. You are typical programmers trying to do business but having absolutely no clue about how to do it. I'm pretty surprised that you are still surviving...

In long term the only thing which can save you is to come with real manager to your company or at least read some books about modern economy.

My intense was not to displease but to help, but you are simply resistant to any change in your "business model"...

Good luck.
KNUT

Post by KNUT »

merlin wrote:I won't comment situation in Altap anymore because it is worthless
And right now you're doing it...?!?!:roll:
merlin wrote:and you simply do not react on things you don't like to hear.
Comes to me like a assertion without substance - sorry...
merlin wrote:You are typical programmers trying to do business but having absolutely no clue about how to do it. I'm pretty surprised that you are still surviving...
The latter is the good news :D
merlin wrote:In long term the only thing which can save you is to come with real manager to your company or at least read some books about modern economy.
In long term I'll use SS and hope the Altap team remain as they are: polite, accurate and innovative - in my eyes :shock:
merlin wrote:My intense was not to displease but to help, but you are simply resistant to any change in your "business model"...
Perhaps they do not need (want) help for their business model? Perhaps it works good enough for them?
merlin wrote:Good luck.
The best two words in your post :?
Kind regards, KNUT

Post by jis »

KNUT, you said it all. I agree with you.
To all satisfied Servant Salamander users: Have a nice day!
Altap Salamander fan since 1998
omega

Post by omega »

The way Merlin thinks is typical american way of thinking. Release a product fast or you will lose customers. Yes ALTAP isn't Microsoft with loads of programmers and still be able to deliver crappy software and fix it later on while many customers complaining about bugs or stability problems with Windows or other products. Even Vista is delayed by Microsoft.

SW will always contain bugs but delivering a reliable good product is appreciated by many people. ALTAP does that :)
The fact they survive proofes their model works :wink:

You did say you are a happy beta user at home but can't use it at work because the company won't allow you to buy beta tools. But version 2.0 isn't beta so why not buy that one?
SvA

Post by SvA »

You cannot buy the beta version anyway. You need to buy the 2.0 version and with it you get the free update for 2.5 on top.

Moreover, software is generally marked beta because there is expected to be bugs (more than are unavoidable, but bugs, which ought to be found before the software is ready for general shipment and productive work).

In the case of Servant Salamander it is different, however. The app is held in beta stage because internationalisation and documentation is not ready yet. This are things required for a good retail product, but it does not endanger the work results of an already experienced user.

I personally don't care whether a software is called beta or not. I care, however, about the stability and reliability and usefullness of a program I use. Here, Servant Salamander is a Best Choice!