Czech, German, and other localizations

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
thomas
Translator
Translator

Czech, German, and other localizations

Post by thomas »

Hello Jan,

can you tell us, when Altap will release the long awaited language files?
The language support was integrated in the last version. You mentioned last year the release of the "Altap Translator", but this tool doesn't exist.

So, a unofficial language support from enthusiastic users is also not possible or only very difficult and with a lot of work.

Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hello Thomas, the next minor update of Salamander (2.52) will support language translations and will be released with the Translator. We will release beta versions this time. We are finishing some postponed administrative tasks in Altap (for example we need to update our aged web site). Then will can work on version 2.52. We will let you know on this forum as soon as AS 2.52 beta 1 will be available.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hey whats up with the localizations? Still waiting for it! To be honest: I can't understand what takes you so long to release an official update?! The feature is natively supported and the (german) translation itself is already done by ambitious users (if I'm right).

I'm working for a (you guess right) german company and after testing your product, it looks as if we would buy a bunch of licences if you guys make the final step towards your german customers.

Best regards,
Chris