Saving FTP info

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
lanux128

Saving FTP info

Post by lanux128 »

is there a way to save the FTP servers info as a backup? i tried looking in the help file but couldn't find any..
nico

Post by nico »

Go to Options->Export configuration and export the configuration to a registry file. Then search the file for a key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Altap Salamander 2.5\Plugins Configuration\FTP\Bookmarks

Under this you can see your bookmarks; just copy them to a text file if you need them in extra place.

Olda
lanux128

Post by lanux128 »

thanks nico, i totally forgot about that! :)
darkpanday

Re: Saving FTP info

Post by darkpanday »

Hi,

I tried this approach but the password appears to be encrypted. I'm using Altap Salamander 2.5.

I hope someone can help me figure out a way to get my passwords.

Thank you in advance.

- DarkPanday
Ether

Post by Ether »

darkpanday wrote:I tried this approach but the password appears to be encrypted. I'm using Altap Salamander 2.5.
First of all, 'this approach' was solely for the purpose of backup. Second, there's a thread about decrypting FTP passwords. The response was following:
Petr Solin wrote:FTP/WinSCP passwords can be decrypted easily. Contact me on my email (petr.solin at altap.cz), I'll send you small utilities for decrypting.
Ελληνικά rulez.
darkpanday

Post by darkpanday »

Thank you.