Subversion Support!

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
dprice

Subversion Support!

Post by dprice »

You guys rock! I can finally ditch Windows Explorer for good!

Thanks again!
Derek
frax

Post by frax »

?

Salamander doesn't have subversion support, does it?
cincura.net

Post by cincura.net »

frax wrote:Salamander doesn't have subversion support, does it?
Any other file manager does?

BTW if you use TortoiseSVN as a shell extension, Salamander will load overlay icons, context menus etc. so you can use it as from explorer.
Jiri {x2} Cincura
frax

Post by frax »

I am not so keen on TortoiseSVN. Maybe the original poster can elaborate on what he meant.

I wouldn't mind having a svn filesystem plugin, to browse remote repositories and to work with local working copies.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

He is talking about support for "icon overlays" introduced in Altap Salamander 2.5.
AndyK

Re: Subversion Support

Post by AndyK »

The SubVersion support is nice in Salamander, I for one use it constantly (with TortoiseSVN for various different projects I work on).

The IconOverlay, however, doesn't work in Vista at all (I use Vista Business 64-Bit). It's annoying as hell to go back and forth between Salamander and the regular Vista explorer windows just to check in/out projects.

I guess i'm wandering when the new versions of Salamander will be out, as the roadmap for future versions seems quite out of date. As a registered user of Salamander, i'd like to know when a beta is available or when we can expect a new stable version. Thanks

Andy Kellett
andy@f1-software.com
cincura.net

Re: Subversion Support

Post by cincura.net »

AndyK wrote:The IconOverlay, however, doesn't work in Vista at all (I use Vista Business 64-Bit). It's annoying as hell to go back and forth between Salamander and the regular Vista explorer windows just to check in/out projects.
What do you mean by "doesn't work in Vista at all"? If you have 32bit version (because AS is 32bit app.) of TSVN, you will see all icons like in Explorer.
Jiri {x2} Cincura
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Hi,

I'm using the 64-bit version of TortoiseSVN, as I am using the 64-bit OS. I'll look into possibly switching to see how involved that would be to reconfigure the various projects I have. Still, a 64-bit version of Salamander would be nice, sign me up as a tester if you need one =)

Andy Kellett
andy@f1-software.com
cincura.net

Post by cincura.net »

You can install 32bit as well as 64bit versions of TSVN side by side, without problems. 32bit applications will use 32bit version (i.e. AS, Office, ...) and 64bit apps will use 64bit (i.e. Explorer, ...).
Jiri {x2} Cincura
FishGuy876

Post by FishGuy876 »

Hi,

Thanks for the help, that worked quite well and I hardly had to change anything. Thanks =)

Andy Kellett
andy@f1-software.com
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Yes, it is definitely possible:
Note for x64 users: you can install both the 32 and 64-bit version side by side. This will enable the TortoiseSVN features also for 32-bit applications.
http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads