Start Photoshop 7/8 when pressing F4

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
.me

Start Photoshop 7/8 when pressing F4

Post by .me »

I tried to configure SS so that Photoshop7 starts and load the highlighted image file when pressing F4.
I post this solution if someone else of you has the same problem.

...after I stared PS frome the command line with all parameters I found out, that I have to change some arguments.
I don't know why this Problem occures with Photoshop (other applications don't need these changes)
Here the settings that work:
Command: C:\Programme\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe
Arguments: "$(FullPath)$(Name)"
Initial directory: $(FullPath)

My question to those of you who also use Photoshop7/CS.
Is this a special problem of a German system installation, or a general PS-problem?
grymmjack

Re: Start Photoshop 7/8 when pressing F4

Post by grymmjack »

.me wrote:I tried to configure SS so that Photoshop7 starts and load the highlighted image file when pressing F4.
I post this solution if someone else of you has the same problem.

...after I stared PS frome the command line with all parameters I found out, that I have to change some arguments.
I don't know why this Problem occures with Photoshop (other applications don't need these changes)
Here the settings that work:
Command: C:\Programme\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe
Initial directory: $(FullPath)

My question to those of you who also use Photoshop7/CS.
Is this a special problem of a German system installation, or a general PS-problem?
THose settings are what you would expect to pass always. How else is photoshop going to know a. where the file is, and b. what directory to run from (for shortcut/open purposes)?

This is not a problem at all, it's how you have to launch programs that open files.
KNUT

Re: Start Photoshop 7/8 when pressing F4

Post by KNUT »

grymmjack wrote:THose settings are what you would expect to pass always. How else is photoshop going to know a. where the file is, and b. what directory to run from (for shortcut/open purposes)?
This is not a problem at all, it's how you have to launch programs that open files.
Yep - indeed!
.me wrote:[...]
[...]
A bit shorter:
Arguments: "$(FullName)"[/quote]
Kind regards, KNUT