Hidden feature of internal viewer

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Klettermaxe

Hidden feature of internal viewer

Post by Klettermaxe »

In my opinion Servant Salamander is definitely the 'Swiss Army Knife' among the file managers. I won't miss it!

:idea: Yesterday I discovered that in SS Beta 10a (other than in SS 2.0) the internal file manager opens the next file in the panel list if you press the space bar. This seems to be currently undocumented. I wonder if there is also a key for viewing the previous file?
cincura.net

Re: Hidden feature of internal viewer

Post by cincura.net »

Klettermaxe wrote:I wonder if there is also a key for viewing the previous file?
Yes, of course. Use Shift+Space. 8-)
Jiri {x2} Cincura
Klettermaxe

Navigation keys in internal viewer

Post by Klettermaxe »

Thanks a lot for the hint! Internal viewer is even more useful now.

Imho ALTAP should consider using 'Backspace' instead of 'Shift+space' in the final version because Backspace is also used in PictView for viewing the previous file. I cannot see that this key is occupied by another function in internal viewer.
Stefan

Re: Hidden feature of internal viewer

Post by Stefan »

Klettermaxe wrote: :idea: Yesterday I discovered that in SS Beta 10a (other than in SS 2.0) the internal file manager opens the next file in the panel list if you press the space bar.
> Yes, of course. Use Shift+Space

:? :shock: :lol: :D

Thank you both. This is a great feature.
Stefan
Pleased user since v1.52        -   Licence# 0306-0046-01
Raven

Even better...

Post by Raven »

You can even select/deselect files by INS while browsing with pictview. So you can visually browse through a collection of pictures and mark some of them, e.g. for deletion.