Update policy?

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Oliver S

Update policy?

Post by Oliver S »

Just wondering: I see from your news archives that the current major version 2.0 has been around for nearly five years. Now a change of the release cycle has been announced, and as the 2.5 beta might be nearing its release more and more (my impression from the web pages), maybe even a version 3 is not too far away. So if I'm going to buy v2 today, I'll probably get to pay for v3 again, in a few months or so... while other v2 buyers have been enjoying free upgrades for a number of years. Is that a correct assumption?

Don't get me wrong - I think the current prices are really dirt cheap and I won't think twice about paying something extra in a few months time - and maybe it'll even be a year after all. I'm merely asking about your policy with regard to updates.

Thanks
Oliver
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Update policy?

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Oliver S wrote:So if I'm going to buy v2 today, I'll probably get to pay for v3 again, in a few months or so... while other v2 buyers have been enjoying free upgrades for a number of years. Is that a correct assumption?
Yes, you are right. We call it life. But don't worry about premature release of v3.0, it is not our style :lol:

Please look at http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?t=70 for more information.