put salamand in sendto folder

This is a place for users to discuss Altap Salamander. Please feel free to ask, answer questions, and express your opinion. Please do not post problems, bug reports or feature requests here.
Hans

put salamand in sendto folder

Post by Hans »

Hi,
I would like to know, if Salamand.exe (S2)can be started via sendto context menu. I tried, however I got stuck with the popup which describes the command line parameters. Any ideas?
Hans
th.

Post by th. »

Save this script as a file called e.g. Salamander.vbs in your SendTo folder:

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments
cmd="""C:\Programme\Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1\SALAMAND.exe"" -L """
For Each strArg in objArgs
cmd=cmd & strArg & " "
Next
cmd=cmd & """"
Set sh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
sh.Run cmd

It will start Salamander with the selected file in the left panel (use -R instead of -L for the right panel).

The path name to salamand.exe in the script has to be set according to your system of course.
ino

Re: put salamand in sendto folder

Post by ino »

Hans wrote:Hi,
I would like to know, if Salamand.exe (S2)can be started via sendto context menu. I tried, however I got stuck with the popup which describes the command line parameters. Any ideas?
Hans
Salamander is recieving parameter with path of folder you are sending via SentTo menu.
However Salamander is expecting some of prefix before parameter.

-L is for path in left panel
-R is for path in right panel
-C is for path to configuration file

So you need to edit your link file pointing on Salamander in SendTo menu (usualy located at %USERPROFILE%\SendTo) and add the prefix flag at the end of Target, for example "C:\Program Files\Servant Salamander 2.5 RC1\SALAMAND.exe" -R. In this case the folder sent via SendTo menu to the Salamander will be opened in Right panel.
Hans

sendto

Post by Hans »

Thank you for replying. The simple -R switch actually works. Now, I've got that nifty app "DirKey". Called by a hotkey you get a listing of folders you have chosen some time before. You may evoke windows explorer to open some folder of that listing or you can choose a personal application. Of course, I would like to use Salamand. As I suspected, the switches don't work in that case.
To be sure, it is not only because of that particular app. Once in a while you will encounter the opportunity to start salamand in variable targets as shell extensions, if you would know how!
Hans
SvA

Re: sendto

Post by SvA »

Hans wrote:Now, I've got that nifty app "DirKey". Called by a hotkey you get a listing of folders you have chosen some time before. You may evoke windows explorer to open some folder of that listing or you can choose a personal application. Of course, I would like to use Salamand. As I suspected, the switches don't work in that case.
What makes you suspect this? These switches work whenever you get a chance to provide them. If you don't get that chance, use a wrapper app like the .vbs-script provided by th., a batch script (.bat/.cmd) or, if the application demands an .exe, a compiled Auto-It script. You need to make sure, however, that the path will be enclosed in double quotes if it incorporates spaces. It depends on the app whether it provides these itself or you need to add some placeholder in double quotes. You need to read the apllication's documentation to find out. DirKey provides %FORDER% as a placeholder for instance. The documentation does not tell however, whether DirKey provides the double quotes our you need to. You will have to try to find out (I have not installed it, so I can't tell you).