Download-folder in the "Change drive"-drop down?

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
hrc
Translator
Translator

Download-folder in the "Change drive"-drop down?

Post by hrc »

There's entries for documents, network, cloud based drives, ftp and registry and what have you, but I often need to go to the download-folder, meaning: go to Documents, <ctrl-page up> or <bs>, find download-folder and enter. I can assign the path to the a "hot path" line, but why not just have it (configurable) in this drop-down?

Btw. In the many years I have used the Salamander, I don't recall it ever failing on me. I know my daily routines only uses some 10% of the functionality, but still this it well done.

/hrc
Go home Total Commander!
tukanos

Re: Download-folder in the "Change drive"-drop down?

Post by tukanos »

The hot-path are part of the change drive drown down menu. They are at the bottom.

If you would like to have it upwards you could make a simple hack.

Map a drive to a local-drive (via a letter like X:) and have it reconnect at logon:

Code: Select all

\\localhost\c$\Users\<username>\Downloads
This would give you a drive which is in fact connected to the download folder and you can have it among drives.
Ether

Post by Ether »

+1 for the option to add more user folders, like %USERPROFILE%, Downloads, Desktop and all that, but I'd understand if the proposal was rejected.
Ελληνικά rulez.
AD7

Post by AD7 »

+1