Writing arbitrary data into Panel via Automation

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
amix

Writing arbitrary data into Panel via Automation

Post by amix »

Hi,

I would be very happy, if I could write to the Panels via scripting. This would allow for Windows administration tasks, like listing all running processes. If your application would be extended in so far, as to be able to freely configure the buttons, one could set up a "Delete" button, that checks, what mode the Panel is in. If it is in filemode, it would use the internal delete routine on this disk-item, if it is in scripting mode, it would just execute the associated function in the user's script. In my example it would call the kill(itemID) routine. It would maybe also allow for filling a Panel with results from REST calls to the Google APIs (like listing your IMAP folders and apply actions to them). Also, support for additional cloud services could be realized this way, it could work directly upon the cloud service, it could show the local (or any remote) contacts, with columns set up to show phone-numbers, etc, and so much more! :-)
Bye,
Andreas