Print from

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
0wyse1

Print from

Post by 0wyse1 »

Gentlemen:

One request (for now): Is there any way to print from the Eroiica viewer, as one can from PictView? Is it in the plan for later versions. It can be very convenient, even at one page at a time.

Thanks.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Print from Eroiica Viewer

Post by Jan Patera »

0wyse1 wrote:One request (for now): Is there any way to print from the Eroiica viewer, as one can from PictView?
The Eroiica Viewer is a free demo of the Eroiica application. Eroiica is a scalable application whose licensing starts at US$ 69 (multi-license discounts possible). Eroiica supports hundreds of file formats (vector, raster, office, engineering...), conversion between them, a number of operations, including printing, faster & more accurate display, editing tools.
More info available at http://www.parallax69software.com/e46lite.htm
A conseqence is that printing from the standalone demo Eroiica Viewer is not planned.
However, what we do plan, is integration of Eroiica and Eroiica Viewer. This means that if you have purchased Eroiica, you could do printing and other tasks from within Eroiica Viewer.

More information about Eroiica can be found in the italicized part of this topic.
WillM

Post by WillM »

While I hear what your saying Jan, I would also appreciate the ability to print. I have absolutely no need for all the other features of the Eroiica application, so paying for the full program is out of the question.

Just the ability to print out (in my case, .doc or .xls files) would be nice. I would even be willing to pay a small fee (like we do with PictView) for this feature. Say 5 USD or so. This could provide some income for you and them from people like me.

So any consideration to adding this feature would be appreciated.
Will
0wyse1

Post by 0wyse1 »

I fully agree with Willm's point of view. It would be so convenient -- and a natural -- to have print available (although I would not limit it to .doc & .xls, but also at least include .pdf), and would be willing to pay a minimal fee for it. There are numerous cases where I have a single page to print, and it would be so much faster, easier, and simpler to do it directly from the plugin. I have considered Eroiica, but its is way overkill!

Incidentally, why have you elected to have print available from PictView and not from the Eroiica viewer?

Please consider this option seriously ... I think you will satisfy the great majority -- if not all -- your customers (who, by the way, consider SS one of the best and most productive utilities for the money!).
konelupy

Post by konelupy »

I agree too but i need print or save to image dxf and plt files.